birding-aus

Birds in paradise

Subject: Birds in paradise
From: "Justin & Elsa Schaffer" <>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:41:38 +0000
Dear Webmaster/Editor of Birding -Aus.
I would be grateful if you will kindly publish this letter on your website. I sincerely believe that other birding enthusiasts could benefit from our experience. South East Qld is a prolific avian region and has much to offer.
Herewith my Letter:-
"If you are a bird lover lucky enough to live on the Gold Coast of Queensland, or perhaps lucky enough to visit the area from time to time, then a great and wonderful experience awaits you. The region is not only endowed with an abundant and diverse bird life, but the opportunity to experience and enjoy this ornithological bounty is enhanced by the existence here of a small group of dedicated and passionate bird lovers who modestly call themselves "The Gold Coast Bird Observers Group"

About four years ago my wife Elsa and I came to live on the Gold Coast and were fortunate to be introduced to this group of incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic bird whizzes. They have made us feel completely at home within the group and we feel privileged to share thier friendship and warm hospitality. They freely and happily share their encyclopaedic knowledge with us and go out of their way to ensure that we become completely familiar with Australian birds.

We have been members of the Cape Bird Club and the South African Ornithological Society for many years and have enjoyed "birding" in many parts of the world. Seldom, however, have we ever found a group of birders so committed to the protection of their national bird life, and the preservation of the environment. The birds, and succeeding generations of Australians, are indeed fortunate to have such dedicated people in their midst.

On behalf of ourselves in particular and all newcomers to this region and visiting birders in general, we take this opportunity to publicly thank all the generous people who make up the Gold Coast Bird Observers Group.
Sincerely,
Justin and Elsa Schaffer
53.3554 Main Beach Parade
Main Beach, 4217