birding-aus

Kanangra Walls

Subject: Kanangra Walls
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:10:11 +1000
I love hearing of Southern Emu-wren sightings in the mountains. Although
they can pop up in almost any hanging swamp in the Blue Mountains they are
certainly not common in the area, and are usually difficult to track down.
The furthest west I have seen them is at Hartley Vale near Lithgow but this
is at a lower altitude than Kanangra Walls. And at Katoomba they occur in
tea-tree swamp and heathland at almost 1000 metres elevation. Lovely birds!

By the way, anyone wishing to contact me please note that I will be offline
for the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Carol

Carol Probets