birding-aus

URLs for Multi-language Bird Names

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: URLs for Multi-language Bird Names
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:22:59 +1000
G'day all,
As a result of feedback from my recent posting of Mult-language Bird Names I have been able to expand the list of URLs

If you have trouble opening the web page by clicking the URL an alternate method is to drag the curser (with the left button of the mouse held down) across the URL and copy it (Ctrl + C) and then click Start then Run and paste (Ctrl + V) the URL into the Open box and click OK. (URL = "" Resource Locator i.e. the address of the Web Page)

I still welcome feedback re these URL lists

Regards
Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.

URLs - MULTI-LANGUAGE BIRD NAMES  Version 2

Translator - Birds of the Western Palearctic
Scientific, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
http://digilander.iol.it/avifauna/w_palearctic/translator.htm

Bird Names - A Translation Index, Species of the European Union
Scientific, Deutsch, English, Espanol, Francais, Itialano, Nederlands
http://www.mumm.ac.be/~serge/birds/

Multilingual Birdsearch Engine (9716 species)
Scientific, English, Swedish, German, Spanish, Dutch, Esperanto, French, Hungarian, Danish, Italian, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic, Portuguese, Estonian
http://www.knutas.com/birdsearch/

Multilingual North European Bird Dictionary
Scientific, Lappish(Sami),Latvian, Lithuanian,Norwegian, Polish,Portugese, Russian, Spannish, Swedish, Welsh
http://www.megabytedata.com/MB064/inputform.html

Babel Birdy - Bird Name Translation (Western Palearctic and World)
Scientific, German, English, French, Spanish
http://www.bavarianbirds.de/birdy_e.html

Birds of Europe - Bilingual Checklists
Scientific, Deutsch,English,Espanol,Francais,Itialano,Nederlands
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/roger_buglass/

Vera?s List
Scientific, Swedish, Dutch, English
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/bird1.htm

Danish - English - Scientific
http://www.fuglar.is/isfugl.html
http://biobase.dk/~david-c/dk-la-uk.htm

Dutch - English - Scientific
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-58871/birdies/birdies.html

Finnish Bird Names (3 languages)
http://www.birdlife.fi/nimisto/siirtotiedostot.html

French Bird List
http://listoiseauxmonde.multimania.com/

German - Latin
http://www.prachtfink.de/vogelnamen/s_nam17.html

Icelandic - Scientific
http://www.fuglar.is/isfugl.html

Swedish - Dutch - English
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/bird_names.htm

Bird Seek
English to Latin, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch
http://www.birdseek.com/

Birds of Sweden (in 17 languages)
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-58871/birdies/birdies.html

UK to US
Bird Name Translation
http://www.wildlife.shetland.co.uk/birds/uk_to_us.html

World Index
Japanese, English, Scientific
http://www.atori.co.jp/birds/dic/Roman_search_birds_noframe.cgi

CJVLang Site
Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese
http://www.cjvlang.info/Birds/

Montrose Basin Birds
Dutch, German, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, English
http://sites.ecosse.net/montrosebasin/bdnames.htm