birding-aus

Fw: "A million acres a year" - on TV tomorrow night.

To: <>
Subject: Fw: "A million acres a year" - on TV tomorrow night.
From: "David Parker" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:52:11 +1100
Hello all,

Thought that some people on this list may be interested in this program. For
those in the eastern states, check local guides to confirm the time of
viewing.

Cheers
David

Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 2:42 PM
Subject: "A million acres a year" - on TV tomorrow night.

Hello,

I thought you might be interested in watching a show being screened by SBS
at 8.30pm tommorow (Fri 7th March).

I saw the premier of it at a cinema in Perth this week. Well worth seeing.
The documentary is set in "the southern wheatbelt", and travels from the era
of massive clearing to some serious reflection on the legacies we grappling
with now. It also celebrates the land of mallee, gimlet, morrell and moort,
of banksia and boronia, hakea and honeyeaters.

"It's the story of how the richest biological corner of the Australian
continent was laid bare. And about some of those caught up in the rush to
subdue the earth, but who later had a change of heart, who came to question
whether farming belonged here at all."

Enjoy,

Carla.