birding-aus

Nesting Jabiru's

Subject: Nesting Jabiru's
From: "jade welch" <>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:50:26 +1000

Hi all,

I remember a recent artical in one of the local newspapers which said there are few Jabirus on the Gold Coast anymore which i find is extremely sad as i have been told by some of the older people that Jabirus were once common on the Gold Coast along with Brolgas or the native companion as they call them. Well getting to the point i recently found a nesting pair of Jabirus while on my way home. Good news in my mind and a secret i will keep to myself as i am worried about some of the local idiots annoying the birds and scaring them off. Does anyone know if we get Brolgas here on the Gold Coast anymore?

Yours sincerely

Mr Jade Welch