birding-aus

Memorable Moments

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Memorable Moments
From: "Claire Stevenson" <>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:12:51 +0800
Sometimes our most magical moments can happen right in our backyards, even if they're a dingy concrete oasis like my rental unit!

Sitting outside this morning enjoying the fresh air and sounds of a Saturday morning in the city, I had a little visitor join me in my contemplation. A wee-willie wagtail had ventured into our "garden" to do a bit of spider cleaning. He/She was a shabby looking bird, but like most willie-wags showed no fear of me and was quite happy to dart in and out of my legs to get the spiders and other bugs hiding under the step I was perched on. We have honeyeaters and turtle-doves come in often enough, however once they catch site of the human on the step they're off like lightning. Not our shabby friend, he was quite happy to let me share his playground.

A great start to the morning, and shows a road-trip out to woop-woop isn't necessary to get in a good bit of birding!

Have a great long weekend birdos!!

Claire