birding-aus

Wetlands and waterways

To: <>
Subject: Wetlands and waterways
From: "David Parker" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:51:03 +1100
Peter Fuller wrote:

"Wouldn't a 'National day of the Waterways' be great idea for Australia?"

How's this for an idea: the 'International Year of Freshwater'

Ok, so it's more than an idea, yep it is this year, 2003, the 'International Year of Freshwater'

Days and weeks to celebrate this are:

February 2nd:  World Wetlands Day: No Wetlands - No Water

February 2 - 9:   World Wetlands Week

March 22:    World Day for Water: Water for the Future

October 19 - 25:  National Water Week

And there are a number of other days which have an environmental tone to them which could continue to highlight our wetlands and waterways. See the Environment Australia web site at www.ea.gov.au/events

I will certainly be utilising these dates as opportunities to increase the awareness and appreciation of our wetlands and waterways and the wildlife of these areas, I hope others will too.

Good idea Peter.

Cheers,
David

David Parker