birding-aus

Re:Buff-breasted Sandpiper at Bushell's Lagoon

To: "Tom Wilson" <>
Subject: Re:Buff-breasted Sandpiper at Bushell's Lagoon
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:03:15 +1100
Tom

Unfortunatley it did not appear to be there on Sunday despite alot of
searching by myself and a number of birdos. This however does not mean it
was not there or on another lagoon as there are plenty of suitable habitat
for the bird in the Hawkesbury. It will be most likely be back again though
if not this year as there has been a number of reports for NSW and other
states. I had a prediction that this bird and the Little Curlews would have
turned up in Sydney this season and it turned to be correct. Another one I
am predicting is Oriental Pratincole (we had 2 birds at Pitt Town a few
years ago). If it the Buff-breasted Sandpiper has gone for good, you may
need to wait for 2006 (?! maybe)

As with many rarities, you never never know, if you never never go!

cheers!

Edwin

P.S. I hope many birdo's continue to visit the Hawkesbury every weekend (if
not everyday!) to pick up more goodies (look what has already turned up so
far).