birding-aus

Kelp Gull at Scarborough Boat Harbour (SE Queensland)

To: <>
Subject: Kelp Gull at Scarborough Boat Harbour (SE Queensland)
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:15:07 +1000
Hello Birding-Ausers,
A short note to those 'twitchers' within striking range of Redcliffe, SE
Queensland, Australia, who
have yet to see the Kelp Gull that has been visiting here for some weeks now.
I observed a Kelp Gull on a boat-mooring pylon in the Scarborough Boat Harbour
at approx. 9:00 am
this morning, 4/11/2002.

As this is a rare species for this area it is probably the same bird that has
been observed around
the Redcliffe Peninsula for some time now.
I say "probably" because the last time I saw this bird it appeared to have a
barbecue skewer (?)
protruding from its chest.
There was no evidence of the skewer this morning.

Directions to Scarborough Boat Harbour:
On the Redcliffe Peninsula north of Brisbane.
See UBD Refidex "Brisbane"
Map 81 Q8

Good luck
Bob Inglis