birding-aus

Windows strike

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Windows strike
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

G'day All,

I labelled this email hoping it might get into a certain microsoft office :^D>>>

With the growing incidence of this event being emailed to me off of the BA list, I hope this helps many of you ..... if you do find a bird that has had a collision with a window then I think this might help.

Please examine the bird to see if it has or has not broken it's neck? a broken neck often causes instant death. BUT ... if the little one is alive and semi-conscious it's more then likely suffering severe shock. If the later is true then place the bird in a container that is both warm and in a quiet and dark place.

Best to give it only a small amount of light at this time. Make it believe it's time to sleep.

When recovery is reached please remember DO NOT release the victim close to dusk, as it is always better to hold the injured bird overnight and release in the early am just after sun up is the perfect time, I think.

Have a good day,

John A. Gamblin trying to get some sweet marie biscuits .... I always thought Marie was sweet :^D>>>

Do you Yahoo!?