birding-aus

OK you lot (don't unsubscribe Tony}

To: Tony Russell <>
From: Ian May <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:49:03 +0930
Don't unsubscribe Tony.

A friend of mine once remarked when he noticed me using a
computer "This is remarkable, its like watching a monkey play a
violin"   And he was correct.

But even me knows that if something appears on my email list that
does not interest me, all i must do is simply touch the delete
button. (That's the one to the right of the enter button).  Its
remarkable too.   The item i don't want to read simply
disappears.   I don't know where it goes.

Now its true that we have rules on this list (plain text, bird
content etc.) and as we all know, the content is archived, but
personally i enjoy reading all the chat, the banter and the
controversial.   To me i think it adds to a sense of community in
what otherwise may become an over sterile environment.

If purists don't like birding-aus may i suggest (respectfully)
that they subscribe to the Emu where one can read to your hearts
content all about the comparative weights of egg embryo's
Talking about Emus, at present there is an irruption of them in
the mid north of SA.   North of Terowie, the many wheat paddocks
are providing an invaluable food resource during the drought.

To keep on topic, we have 6 native species nesting in the garden
at present. Little Wattlebird, White-backed Magpie, Crested
Pigeon, Willy Wagtail and Magpielark There are also Blackbirds,
Spotted Turtle-doves and House Sparrows nesting here.

Regards

Ian May

Penfield  SA