birding-aus

Outrage In Bali

Subject: Outrage In Bali
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

G'day Eric and All,

Re: Eric's email.

Can I say thank you Eric for your kind words and thoughts.

Mr. John Feine of Ozbeeb 3LO 774 fame is asking for people to come up with everlasting ideas to help the people of Bali. One that I have put forward is the building a of medical learning centre and hospital at Kuta beach or in Bali.

Would be wonderful to have a world leading burns unit there I think eh?

If you go the www.abc.net.au you can follow the links to the news on these murders.

For that is what they are.

Mr. Feine and many Oz agree DON'T send flowers please doante to a permanent facilty, whatever that facility may be? give us time to think Oz clever about this.

Again Eric thank you and bless you,

John A. Gamblin

wrote:

Dear Friends

I apologize that this is off topic, but given the circumstances I hope you will forgive.

A little over a year ago, I received comfort from the many messages I received from Australians, either directly or via bird chat lines, in response to the WTC/Pentagon tragedy. I deeply regret that I am now in a position to reciprocate.

I just want you to know that I and many others share your grief and outrage over this heinous and senseless act. We are sorry for all the innocent lives, Indonesian, Australian, and others, that were taken. We hope that you, like we, will unite behind a national sense of purpose and help deny the terrible act any victory or achievement. I would think that one step toward that end -- and a fitting memorial to the lives that were lost -- would be to offer whatever help is possible to help the Balinese recover from the blow.

Again, please know that our thoughts and hearts are with you.

Eric Jeffrey
Falls Church, VA
USA

Do you Yahoo!?