birding-aus

Twitchathon

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Twitchathon
From: "J & C Krohn" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:25:10 +1000
Folks,

The Norwegian Blues are preparing for the 8 hour Twitchathon Race and I'm seeking any specific advice that might help us to raise our score, and therefore the funds that we will raise for Birds Australia.  In particular, can anyone advise whether there are Tawny Frogmouths nesting anywhere visible at Banyule, and is there anything else we should search for at Banyule while we're there?  Also, are there any particularly good spots along the eastern escarpment of the Brisbane Ranges (other than Anakie Gorge, which can be very good but might be a bit too busy by the time of day on the Sunday that we could get there).  And finally, anything special we should look for at Werribee would also be useful to know - Banded Lapwings?  Glossy Ibis?  Is the G2 key working at all the gates that it should?

Any advice gratefully accepted.  Sponsors also most welcome - just drop me a message and I'll put you on the list.

Thanks very much.  Regards,

    Jack Krohn