birding-aus

FW:Commissioners Wallstrom and Verheugen

Subject: FW:Commissioners Wallstrom and Verheugen
From: "david camilleri" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:58:34 -0400
----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: Max Van Den Berg
Aan:  ;
CC:
Verzonden: donderdag 10 oktober 2002 11:49
Onderwerp: Dear Commissioners Wallstrom and Verheugen,

Dear Commissioners Wallstrom and Verheugen,

I recently received an email from a concerned Dutch voter. He is worried about the accession negotiations with Malta. Appearently the hunting of birds during breedingseason will be allowed, contrary to what EU rules say. (also see the article below)

Could you please let me know if any action taken is taken on this?

Max van den Berg
MEP, Netherlands

BirdLife slams new EU hunting package
A spokesman said: "It is an insult to our nation's pride that the government
is boasting that Maltese hunters will be the only people in Europe
'privileged' enough to kill birds during the breeding season."
As a result of the package the government negotiated, the conservation group
fears that strong international reaction will follow, particularly from EU
countries where hunting in spring is seen as unacceptable.
"BirdLife has always discouraged mass campaigns or tourist boycotts in
protest of the local bird-killing situation but any such reactions are
beyond our control," continued the society.
The hunting of birds is a problem that is "shaming our country and its
people in front of other countries," BirdLife concluded
http://www.independent.com.mt/daily/newsview.asp?id=12867

Neem eens een kijkje op mijn website/
Please visit my website

www.maxvandenberg.nl