birding-aus

Quick Indexes for Field Guides

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Quick Indexes for Field Guides
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:14:50 +1000
g'day all,

I have now completed Quick Indexes for the various Field Guides i.e.

- Debus ( Birds of Prey -& it includes the illustrations )
- Pizzey & Knight
- Morcombe
- Slater
- Simpson & Day (5th & 6th ed'n)

Q. What are Quick Indexes ?
A. A QI only lists the first page for a family of birds .. and except =
for the honeyeaters is more than adequate.

The Index is a single page that can be folded and glued or taped inside =
the front or rear cover of the Guide.
The print size is larger than that in the Guides so is easy read =
..especially in poor light.

The idea has been adopted in "The Birds of the Indian Ocean Islands, =
Sinclair & Langrand" and available on the www for Sibley's North =
American Guide at http://www.nazas.org/FreeSibleyIndex.htm

My guides are available as a  Word.doc attachment.

I will be pleased to send them to interested birdos.

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.
PS
I have Norton anti-virus installed which also checks my outgoing email.