birding-aus

Tinchi Tamba Wetlands

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Tinchi Tamba Wetlands
From: "Birding Services Brisbane" <>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:24:08 +1000
Morning all,

I led a walk this AM for Brisbane City Council at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands, a Council owned wetland reserve south of the Pine River on the northern outskirts of Brisbane City.  We had a good morning with the tide low and plenty of mudflats exposed.  All up 68 species in 2 hours.  These were:
Australian Wood Duck
Pacific Black Duck
Chestnut Teal
Darter
Little Pied Cormorant
Pied Cormorant
Little Black Cormorant
Australian Pelican
White-faced Heron
Great Egret
Intermediate Egret
Cattle Egret
Australian White Ibis
Straw-necked Ibis
Osprey
Whistling Kite
Purple Swamphen
Bar-tailed Godwit
Whimbril
Eastern Curlew
Marsh Sandpiper
Sharp-tailed Sandpiper
Black-winged Stilt
Red-necked Avocet
Masked Lapwing
Silver Gull
Gull-billed Tern
Crested Tern
Spotted Turtle-Dove
Crested Pigeon
Bar-shouldered Dove
Rainbow Lorikeet
Scaly-breasted Lorikeet
Pale-headed Rosella
Fan-tailed Cuckoo
Tawny Frogmouth
Laughing Kookaburra
Sacred Kingfisher
Collared Kingfisher
Rainbow Bee-eater
Dollarbird
Variegated Fairy-wren
Red-backed Fairy-wren
Striated Pardalote
Mangrove Gerygone
Noisy Miner
Yellow-faced Honeyeater
Mangrove Honeyeater
Brown Honeyeater
Rufous Whistler
Grey Shrike-thrush
Magpie Lark
Grey Fantail
Willie Wagtail
Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike
Olive-backed Oriole
Figbird
White-breasted Woodswallow
Grey Butcherbird
Pied Butcherbird
Australian Magpie
Torresian Crow
Richard's Pipit
Mistletoebird
Welcome Swallow
Silvereye
Common Starling
Common Myna

These were my first Dollarbirds of the season and it was good to see the Avocets there.  Saw my first SE Queensland Channel-billed Cuckoo on 7 Sept and have had a few more since then.  First Koel was heard about 8 days ago.

Cheers

Roy Sonnenburg
Birding Services Brisbane
www.birdingservices.com.au