birding-aus

White-necked herons

Subject: White-necked herons
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:54:56 +0930
I didn't realise that White-necked Herons in the South-west/Perth were an unusual sighting.
Whilst visting Perth last week  I observed 17 WNH on the Swan at Alfred Cove and then met a lady at Bibra Lake who had just recorded her first.  Do they go further south?

This past year in the Tanami Desert region I've recorded them in numbers ranging from 100-300 during the brief wet season.

Roger Potts ( Pottsie )

IMPORTANT NOTICE - By storing, copying, relying upon or otherwise using this e-mail, you agree to be bound by our Terms Governing Electronic Communications. A copy of these terms can be reviewed at http://www.newmont.com.au/eComm-terms.htm or obtained by phoning us on +61 8 8303 1700. If you do not accept these terms or suspect that you may have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete this e-mail....