birding-aus

blackbirds and berries in the bird bath

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: blackbirds and berries in the bird bath
From: "KEITH BRANDWOOD" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:55:25 +0100
Hi everyone/Val,
                I did'nt know Blackbirds regurgitate SO MAYBE YOU ARE NOT THE
LAST ONE,
but the Currawongs are filling my birdbath with berries currently, dont
know what the berries are but you could use them as washing powder the
amount of suds they produce.

Re the subject raised on bird calls, the Cicada Bird we get down here in
the s/e has a totaly different call to the one in the north.
They are both found in the Cairns area and I have tested the calls of the
northern one against the one we get here in Sydney and there is absolutley
no response but it will respond immediatley to the call of the one here.
Does this qualify it for new species status? Im told by
a expert yes.

KEITH BRANDWOOD