birding-aus

Horsfield's Bronze Cuckoos.

To: "bruce Cox" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Horsfield's Bronze Cuckoos.
From: "Gavin Goodyear" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:10:07 +1000
Bruce

The only record I have of Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoo feeding on the ground
was an observation made on the 14/10/00 of a single bird '  foraging on the
ground for approx. 2 min before returning to roadside trees to continue
foraging  '. This was on Golds Scrub Lane, Samsonvale, SEQld.

The ground where it was feeding was a mown strip of grass along roadside.

Hope this is of interest
Gavin
Petrie SE Qld
-