birding-aus

Ashmore Reef Trip- October 2002

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Ashmore Reef Trip- October 2002
From: "Sean Dooley" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:17:29 +1000
Just a quick note to alert people to the fact that there are still 5 places available for the Ashmore Reef Pelagic to be held October 14-21 inclusive.

This trip has run at this time over the past few years and the results have been nothing short of sensational with BULWER'S, TAHITI and JOUANIN'S PETREL, STREAKED SHEARWATER, MATSUDAIRA'S, SWINHOE'S and LEACH'S STORM PETREL amongst others being seen on most trips, with all sorts of potential vagrants possible on Ashmore itself.

More than one person I have spoken to about the trip has said that it was about the most enjoyable birdwatching experience they've ever had- a week's sailing on tropical waters on a great boat with superb food and like minded company. Sounds good to me.

I should point out that though this is a commercial venture, I have no pecuniary interest whatsoever except that I am already booked on the trip and am desperate for it to go ahead- my chances of seeing 700 species for The Big Twitch are virtually nil without the six or more species I can only see on this trip.

So if you are looking for the birding trip of a lifetime, and the chance to help the Big Twitch succeed, why not contact George Swann to find out more. He can be contacted on

See you in on the dock at Broome in October,

Sean Dooley.