birding-aus

Australian List - what's in & what's not?????!!!!!!

Subject: Australian List - what's in & what's not?????!!!!!!
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:08:39 +1000

Dear All,

Can someone point me in the direction of the definitive list of Australian birds. It seems that the Field Guides have different numbers of species in them, the Birds Australia checklist on the web seems out of date ( or has birds like the SIPO and Spotted Whistling Duck not been officially accepted yet) and Christifidis and Boles is now 8 years old.

Can someone from Birds Aust keep the rest of us upto date with BARC deliberations (or does this already happen, if so where???)

regards

John Harris