birding-aus

Fw: Foxes in Tasmania

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fw: Foxes in Tasmania
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:06:25 +1000
g'day all,

Not Tasmania, but NW Qld but just a little east of Mount Isa at the East Leichhardt bridge.

A retired bushy who knows the difference between a Dingo and a Fox saw 3 on 13/3/2002

My Reader's Digest Encyclopaedia of Australian Wildlife shows their nearest territory at about Julia Ck (to the East) and Urandangie to the SW.
I know they have been in the Julia Ck sheep country but I was unaware that they inhabit the area to the SW.

This sighting is an extension of their range and no doubt a further hazard for the many ground feeding  (and ground breeding) birds in this area.

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.