birding-aus

Re: French Island!

To: chris chandler <>
Subject: Re: French Island!
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:43:57 -0700 (PDT)
chris chandler <> wrote:

G'day John,

Wow! A Hastings birdo!! Fantastic! Haven't seen any
Swift Parrots on the island yet, but then we don't
have any flowering gums either!!

Are you interested in coming to the island tomorrow?

The Friends of French Island (FOFI) have an outing
there tommorrow, they leave from Stony Point on the
10 a.m. ferry - the best part is, Parks Vic pays for
their ferry fares!

Tomorrow's program is to visit a couple of areas to
look at vegetation remnants, it's kind of a
"botanical" day, but some birders are coming,
including Peter Dann (from Phillip Island) and
Martin O'Brien (DNRE)!!

You'd be most welcome!! I'm in Melbourne at the
moment, and plan to catch the 8.30 ferry, so if you'd
rather come then, fine!

Hope to see you tomorrow! Cheers, Chris
G'day Chris,

For some strange reason their is smoke coming from my
keyboard at prsent? :^D I will do my absolute best to
clear commitments, if I give up my cuppachino and
doughnuts, plus skip lunch break etc., etc., etc.,
then I could shake the hand of MoB which is one thing
I want to do and have wanted to for a while now. Plus
it's been far too long since I saw Peter.

Fingers crossed ..... but I think I'll sack you for
failing to let the whole list know about this?

Kind Regards,
John A. Gamblin wondering I wonder what would happen
if a person was to leave the Kings Creek pub a little
worse for wear and have his trouser braces caught in
the blades of the wind turbine they plan to erect there?