birding-aus

Kentish Plovers (2) at Old Bar NSW

To: "Mike Carter" <>
Subject: Kentish Plovers (2) at Old Bar NSW
From: "Phil Straw" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:45:45 +1100
Dear Mike,

As you will see in my report to the rarities commity, when I send it in, I thought I saw two Kentish Plovers. I was scanning the flocks of assorted plovers to verify this when one of my companions suggested that he had seen a bird that might have been a Little Ringed Plover. This caused me to stop scanning to look at the bird he was referring to which happened to be the fist KP I had spotted, I remember cursing him at the time and tried to find my second bird without any luck. I didn't get a clear view of the potential second bird.

It is interesting to hear that Edwin reported seeing two birds!

Phil