birding-aus

Re: Birds Aust/KA

To: "KA" <>, "Tony Russell" <>
Subject: Re: Birds Aust/KA
From: "Scott O'Keeffe" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:45:43 +1000
Well, KA..

Nobody is twisting your arm to force you to read "crap about banders,
birders and so called ethics".  If you don't like what you read, why torture
yourself?  Switch off.  That's probably best, because, apart from promoting
ethical behaviour in the field, this list also has a tradition of trying to
encourage ethical treatment of people in our discussions.  I'm sure nobody
would deny you the opportunity to express a dissenting opinion, but your
manner of doing it is well out of order.  I also have cause to wonder on
what grounds you base your opinion that it is dangerous for any of us to use
our full names and email addresses on this list.  You sound as if you are
issuing a threat.  At the very least the comment is uneccesarily
antagonistic.

If you intend to participate, make your contribution a positive and
respectful one.  If not, may I suggest that you go away and grow up.

Scott O'Keeffe

Real name.  Real address.  No fear.