birding-aus

Anothe use for your GPS

Subject: Anothe use for your GPS
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:18:06 +1000

G'day all

I don't really condone informing people of the locations of radar guns etc.
However, here is a tip that GPS owners can use to make sure they are driving at
the spped they think they are.

The speed indicator of your GPS is more accurate than the one in your car.  Car
speedos are usually set to read faster than you are going  -  but not always.
I've seen the reverse occasionally and variation in tyre size can affect this.
Use your GPS to check the accuracy of your speedo and make the mental
adjustments when driving.

You see more birds when you drive a bit slower in any case.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Clark
Hamilton, Victoria, 3300