birding-aus

Killer magpies

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Killer magpies
From: "Graham" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:06:00 +1100
Dae David and birders,
                                    magpies this time, currawongs before,
whats next. Humans come along and disturb the balance of nature, then
complain about animals making the most of these changes. Its a bit like
blaming foxes cats and dogs for eating native animals, when we brought them
into this county. I don't doubt that these animals are causing problems, but
its a bit like blaming the messenger for bad news.

Having said that, I'll be very interested to hear what magpies have been
getting up to. I'm always amazed at the way they (appear) the like harrasing
Indian Mynas, though yesterday it was a Magpie Lark that was getting the
rough treatment.

Cheers
Graham Turner