birding-aus

Tidal Info Website-Thanks

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Tidal Info Website-Thanks
From: "Irene" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:33:53 +1100
Hello all

I recently put out a request for a website to obtain tidal information for
Sydney, plus 100 km north and south, plus going
into the future for, say, 6 weeks.

Thanks to Terry Pacey for the flinders.edu site.  I used this site to work out
the tide for Long Reef, Sydney 26 January.  As
this site only goes ahead by 7 days, it didn't show 26 January at the time that
I looked at it.  It also does NOT show
Daylight Savings Time.  Nevertheless, with a couple of calculations I was able
to work out what I thought was low tide and
indeed, when I went to Long Reef on 26 Jan, it wasn't underwater!!

Ta to Denise Moore who tried to get the same website address through.

Ta also to Terry Leverich for a suggested site.  This one involved downloading
shareware.

Thanks also to those who suggested paper-based tidal charts available from
fishing shops.  I'll have a look sometime when I'm
near one.

Irene Denton
Concord West, 12 km from Sydney city, NSW Australia
33°50.278'S  151°05.406'E