birding-aus

*Dozens and Dozens*

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Dozens and Dozens*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:20:54 -0800 (PST)
G'day All,

I've just been handed a reliable report of dozens and
dozens of Nankeen Night Herons being seen about two
thirds down the Latrobe river, closer to the rivers
end in Eastern Victoria, it was only a week ago I also
got a report from another email list about the spread
of the "European Carp"

With the fact the European carp like to bathe close to
the surface with their side facing upwards then this
might make for 2 and 2 making 4, I was wondering if
anyone else on the world's best birding list has
noticed this? geee that would be good to know the
fully
imported carp have a native enemy of these parts?

Secondly: With this wonderful volume of rain sent to
us
in Mehlbin from "Adled Odeons" over the past two days
and the sighting of birds inside the Melbourne Tennis
Centre, roof closed, could it be that the Kestrel was
in fact watching the ball due to the balls color and
some of the color of it's native quarry? if so it
would appear Kestrels play better in the open :^D and
Mynahs, like all good miners do better in an enclosed
area.

Thirdly:
It would appear that my mail station has been
breached,
and emails purporting to be from me are in fact not
from me.

Feet up time to watch the cricket.

Ooroo all,
JAG