birding-aus

Nearly new bird for OZ

Subject: Nearly new bird for OZ
From: David Siems <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 06:25:29 +1100
 Hi Netters,
            While out on his back verandah, which overlooks a nature
reserve, I didn't know my birding friend enjoyed having his breakfast.
            I rang him early to organise a birding trip and while talking to
me:-
            He said, "Shoo, shoo you bugger".
            I said, "OK I'll go".
            "No, not you Dave. While talking to you the Rainbow Lorrikeets
have eaten my breakfast". He walked outside and thought he had a new bird
for OZ, a White-headed Lorikeet. Alas while trying to have a drink a Rainbow
Lorikeet had gone head first into the milk jug.
            We are still going away on our birding trip and I will promised
to make him a breakfast, way out west, away from Rainbow Lorikeets.

All the Best
David Siems
Sydney, Australia
Phone: +61 (0)2 9759 1891