birding-aus

Oriental Pratincole

To: <>
Subject: Oriental Pratincole
From: "Shirley Cook" <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 07:38:12 +1100
An Oriental Pratincole is presently at Dangars Lagoon easily viewed from the hide. The lagoon is located about 5.5 km sse of Uralla NSW on the Walcha road.  It was first reported to me by Mrs Monica Flint of Armidale on 30/12/2001 and I went with Andrew Ley that day and again on 31/12/2001 and saw the bird both days.

Of interest there are also Black-tailed Native Hens that have been there for some weeks; a single (as far as we could find) Great-crested Grebe as well as both Hoary-headed and Australasian Grebes and many other species of interest.

Little Grassbirds can also been seen quite readily.

Regards
Shirley Cook
4 Virginia Close
Armidale NSW 2350