birding-aus

Re Unusual bird ID

To: <>
Subject: Re Unusual bird ID
From: "Claire Stevenson" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:45:02 +0800
Here are the links to appropriate photos:

(small image)

(Larger image - more detail)

As I said before I only managed to get the one shot. I returned to the same place this afternoon and no luck in sighting the bird, although the cat was there! Looking at it again I agree with Doug that it may be a young robin, although I could not find one that matched the photo. Red Caped Robins and Scarlet Robins both occur around Perth but they tend to avoid built-up residential areas. It could be possible that an immature bird strayed out of the usual areas.? Look forward to hearing the verdict!

- CS