birding-aus

Black Kites in SE Qld

To: <>
Subject: Black Kites in SE Qld
From: "Ian IB Tarrant" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:50:00 +1000
 This afternoon (before the storms that passed through the Brisbane area between 5-6pm) a Black Kite (Milvus migrans) was seen soaring over Watson Rd, Samsonvale SE Qld in the company of one our breeding Collared Sparrowhawks (Accipiter cirrhocephalus). This being the first Black Kite that I've observed in the area, the nearest previous sighting to Brisbane for me was one at Toowoomba a couple of months ago.
Tom