birding-aus

Tame birds

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Tame birds
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:35:50 -0800 (PST)
John Harris or Jude Westrup <>
wrote:

Robert, are there any other places out there?

There certainly is. I worked as a ranger at Carnarvon
Gorge with their resident Kookaburras, Magpies,
Currawongs and others and also mammals like Kangaroos
and possums.

It is obviously a phenomenon associated with national
parks, visitors and "free food".

John Harris
Brisbane

Dear Mr. Harris nad Mr. Drummond,

 :^D

I would very much agree but it is not only National
Parks of the landbased variety where this phenomenon
occurs? what I would like to ask is have you or anyone
on this list seen any signs out in the wild that tells
these guys, Kookaburra's, Magpies, and those gorgeous
Curry-wongs or even some Seabirds if they make
friends, with those that allow planet ark's
destruction to place they can get good free tucker
from them? as if they know we are wrecking planet ark
and they want food to survive till we've totally
stuffed it? just a thought ... oh and also is it
possible for a human to go deaf in one ear due to the
shoulder closest to that ear is used more often as a
roost :^D better go now and warm Eggy's set for
cricket she loves her.

She hopes her mates the Kiwi's bat first. I bet you
it's quiet re: the emails this list gets from males
that live in Brisbane area for the next few days :-]

Ooroo all,
JAG and my feathered family ......