birding-aus

Fwd: Re: Woodswallow (artamus personatus)

Subject: Fwd: Re: Woodswallow (artamus personatus)
From: Stuart Cooney <>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:59:16 +1100
Hi birders,

Can anyone help me with this request, HANZAB 6 (or is it going to be in 7?) isn't on my shelf yet.

Thanks

Stuart

Dear Stuart,

Yes this bird (I sent a picture of Dusky Woodswallow) is almost the same as the ones I'm getting pinching the bees.  I live in the Hunter Valley, in Kurri Kurri, North East of Newcastle.  Do you know if these birds are partial to the odd bee?  and how can I deter them in a friendly way, as I wouldnt want to hurt them.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

Tracey