birding-aus

Lewins' Rail-apology

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Lewins' Rail-apology
From: "Allan Benson" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:31:47 +1000
I checked out the bird at Point Clare today, this time with my binoculars and guess what the bird was a Buff-banded Rail. We all swore the breast was plain and the red was only above the eye last night but I guess the eyes can play tricks in the afternnon light and at 15 metres.

My apologies for the wrong ID but if you want to see a Buff-banded Rail!!!

Allan
Allan Benson
Niagara Park
NSW