birding-aus

Birding at Anglesea Victoria

To: "Birding- aus" <>
Subject: Birding at Anglesea Victoria
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:08:40 +1000
Today the  Werribee Wagtails spent time in the Iron Basin east of Anglesea.
We stopped in the carpark at Point Addis and were all delighted to see the
Rufous Bristlebird scurrying about.  It is difficult to know how many we saw
as they move very fast, certainly there were at least two. and   they were
very vocal.  We walked the Iron Basin and there were  very few birds.  The
trees in the area seem very stressed, probably due to the long drought in
the area.  Onto the Coogoorah Park,  this park was made in 1983 when the Ash
Wednesday bushfires   when the peat caught on fire, the Anglesea River was
diverted into channels to prevent its spread.  An excellent bird watching
area.  Pallid Cuckoos, Eastern Yellow Robin, Dusky Woodswallows,  Superb
Wrens,  New Holland Honeyeaters  and Grey Fantails were all busy in the
park.
Shirley Cameron