birding-aus

Orange-bellied Parrots not seen last weekend

Subject: Orange-bellied Parrots not seen last weekend
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:28:54 +1000

G'day all

My (non-birding) wife and I spent a couple of hours in the rain, dodging golf
balls on the Swan Island golf course (Queenscliff, Port Phillip Bay, Victoria)
on Saturday.  Our hopes were high for the OBP's because the chap in the Pro Shop
told us that Jon Starks had seen several the day before.  We thoroughly checked
the suggested 7th and 8th fairways and found two groups of Blue-winged Parrots.
Try as I might I couldn't turn any of them into OBP's.  We wandered to other
parts of the course without success then had another check on the Blue-wings but
they still wouldn't cooperate.

So, OBP's are still on my yet to see list.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Clark
Hamilton, Victoria, 3300