birding-aus

World's best bird hide

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: World's best bird hide
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:59:31 -0700 (PDT)
The very best birdhide ( and auditorium ) is I think
situated at "Coolart House" down here on the
Mornington Peninsula.

If the weather is inclement then you can move into the
warmed or cooled auditorium where you can view waders
and small birds from behind the angled non reflective
glass.

I sang that song to my love one down there, and she
said yes to marriage.

I'm a six footer and never have any problems with the
design used at Coolart House. Would/Could be a bit
better if they allowed the birdo to take in their own
collapsable portable chairs to the birdhide, but the
height used for the slits to view are great. Some are
up high some are down low depends on time of year and
lagoon water available.

They have what I would cawl a double storey birdhide
which I think is brilliant. Just be quiet when going
up the stairs due to the close proximity of nests and
young.

They have more then one hide located at various places
around the property. I must ask my friends down there
if I can take some photo's to send out to those on
this list that might want to see what I refer to.

Eccles Gamblin.

Nice cakes these Eccles :^D