birding-aus

RFI - Visit to Australia

Subject: RFI - Visit to Australia
From: "Steve Davis" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:11:37 +0100
Greetings from South Africa!

Two keen and experienced birders, namely myself and Roy
Cowgill, will be visiting your country in September and October,
firstly for a sugar conference and then for a birding holiday.

We are looking for recommendations for "birder-friendly"
accommodation that is reasonably priced (since the SA Rand is
miserably weak at the moment) in or near Brisbane, Cairns,
Sydney and Perth. We will be spending about a week in each area.
Brisbane: 23-30 September
Cairns: 02- 09 October
Sydney: 09-16 October
Perth: 16-24 October

I have previously visited Australia and have a copy of John
Bransbury's excellent book, and am reserving some accomodation
at Lamington NP and Kingfisher Lodge, Julatten.

We would also be interested to meet up with local birders whenever
possible. Please reply to me directly.

Many thanks.

Steve Davis

Sugar Milling Research Institute