birding-aus

Lamington National Park

Subject: Lamington National Park
From: Doug Kiddell <>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:32:59 +1000
I have just read Syd Curtis' reply to a query to Birding-Aus on 14/8/01
My wife and I have just returned from O'Reilly's having walked the track
from Moonlight Crag to Lyrebird lookout and back to O'Reilly's.  We
lunched at the old Forester's Camp.  While there a male Albert lyrebird
came within 5 m of us.  It seemed quite tolerant of out presence.  It
unfortunately did not display and we could not find its mound.  Thought
this might be of interest.

Doug Kiddell