birding-aus

A Foggy day ......

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: A Foggy day ......
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:35:30 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,
I'm sat here this am going back over some data from
yesterday, on fools that don't adjust to driving in
thick fog, gee is it that hard to reduce the foot
pressure on the accelerator?.

"Take off five and stay alive" may not be enough.

Then later whilst discussing the pro's and con's of
the issue, the local Tony here and I, nearly at the
same time, ask each other "I wonder if birds have ever
collided with each other due to very thick fog?" we
had a real pea~souper yesterday. We are now heading
down to talk to the pelicans and ask them is it
because they are so alarmed at flying through a thick
fog bank that they give out their foghorn cawl?
 :^D

Later today we hope to compile some more on the free
to all computer cd that should contain all of the
world's nestboxes? we hope? and how to build them.
Whilst on that thread it amazed me just how many
different types of bat their are around planet ark?
let alone how many different types of nestbox there
are in total, for both bats and birds.

I wonder if they have any bats at Headingley, UK?

 :^D

Before I forget to ask is their a rainfall monitoring
station at each Govt. (be it state or federal) owned
wildlife property? if so how can I amass some? of the
data? if I can.

Aaaaaah this is better the sun has burned off today's
fog. Makes me think of an olde song.

Ooroo all, avagooday.

John A. Gamblin