birding-aus

RE: White-phase Grey Goshawks at Royal NP

To: <>
Subject: RE: White-phase Grey Goshawks at Royal NP
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:33:45 -0700
I have probably only encountered Grey-phase birds in the Royal NP, but I think I had one at one time somewhere in between (like grey phase but with all white head and more whiter belly). Have seen both Grey (male) and White-phase (female) together on a nest, south of this NP at Bulli Pass. Have also seen both phases together (a breeding pair?) at Mitchell Park at Cattai on one or two occassions. Other areas in Sydney where I have seen white-phase birds is at Toongabbie, (Nurragingy Reserve) Doonside and I think there is also a regular bird around Greystanes.

Edwin Vella