birding-aus

Ricketts Point this Month

To: <>
Subject: Ricketts Point this Month
From: "Alex Farias" <>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 10:43:25 +1000
Hi Michael,
I spend most of my available time  around Beaumaris, at least
3 times a week I take a early morning walk between Charman Rd and Ricketts
Point.
 I have seen quite interesting sightings and I was waiting for the end of
this month so I
could send a bird list  to Birding-Aus.

This is what I have in my list for this month:

- 4 Hoary headed Grebes ( 1 at Ricketts Point other 3 near Beaumaris hotel)

- 6 Galahs, (one on the rocks , one with it feet in the water!)

- 2 Black Swans

-2 Caspian Terns

-1 Comic Tern (White fronted or Common Tern, I believe it is a
white-fronted, because common terns usually don't come here this time of the
year, but we never know...)

- Brown Goshawk (in front the Beaumaris hotel sitting on an electric post,
inside the yatch club)

-Singing Honeyeater (between Mordialloc and the Mentone Hotel)

-2 Pacific Black Ducks

- and the usual "chooks" (Pelican, gulls, etc.)

Mammals
A carcass of a swamp rat at the Braeside park (That I have been visiting
every Saturday for the past month)

Echidna (Braeside)

Fox scats ( on Chelteham Park)

Mouse (New Holland or Domestic? Art Trial )

Dolphins (bottle nose?) (the very end of Mentone Beach and than near the
Oyster farm)

Lizards
Blue Tongue ( Literally on the middle on Charman Rd. I took it and put back
in
Cheltehan park)

I'll keep in touch.
Kind Regards