birding-aus

Pilotbirds

To: "robert drummond" <>, <>
Subject: Pilotbirds
From: "Lawrie Conole" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:42:32 +1000
Robert Drummond wrote:

>>Just got back from a few days at Cape Conran (20 km east of Marlo
>>in eastern Victoria).  Saw a least two pairs of Pilotbirds in coastal acacia
>>and tea-tree only 30 metres from high tide mark.  Is this usual?  I've seen
>>plenty in wet forests and heard one just upstream from Thredbo this
>>time last year but I've never seen them in coastal scrub

These birds are reasonably well known, and are suggested to be the authors of calls mis-recorded as Eastern Bristlebirds in the past.

L.

L A W R I E   C O N O L E
2/37 Myrnong Crescent, Ascot Vale, Victoria 3032 AUSTRALIA.
Phone AH (03) 9370 3928; BH (03) 9510 5750; Mobile (0419) 588 993.
E-mail: <>