birding-aus

*Fliday Quiz*

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Fliday Quiz*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:39:09 -0800 (PST)
G'day Quizers,

For the benefit of:

Although it would be nice to see a rain cloud, sadly
none around these parts for what seems like an
eternity now, it's always beaut to hear those little
ones sing to greet the new day, filled with their hope
and joy.

Sad, we can't stop the trees (bird homes and food
supply) from being devastated, if were after the world
record? like many other sport world records? then why
replant one tree for every ten that is felled here in
Oz? couldn't the seedling planters pause for a little
while in the planting program, so we can claim that
world title. After that we could go for the reverse
title "Oz the land where they plant ten tree's for
every one felled, Aaaaah silly me for having yet
another silly dream eh?

Okay your fliday brain buster, to be enjoyed with a
coffee scroll(ed keyboard) and cuppa.

1. Who was the composer of the song "A Nightgale sang
in Berkeley Square"

2. If I was out wandering around with Peter Them of
this list, near to his home, at this very moment in
time, which bird, by numbers, would we most likely
see.

3. Birds do sleep on the wing, so how do they navigate
when in this "sleep" condition.

4. The Oz ABC radio (3LO) reported this week that a
penguin had been arrested? where did this take place
and on what charge was the penguin arrested. Sorry to
deflate everyone but you will need to search around
for that answer.

5. Which East Coast Oz bird consumes beetles as a
regular food souce, I do not mean John, George, Paul
and Ringo.

6. Whilst on the subject of the "Fab Four" which bird
is mentioned in the song title of one of the tracks on
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album.

There that should occupy your mid morning break.

Ooroo from Hilary and Me, plus "Eggy" and Lee.