birding-aus

Eyre Sea

Subject: Eyre Sea
From: "Zeigler Provichkic" <>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:01:27 -0000
People of Birds,

In gods year 1934 I chief warden of Zaprov sanctury on Island
Barsakelmes in the Aral Sea. I live in the port town of Gozzapovednik. Over time Premirier Stalin order for all water from mighty Syrdarija river to be diverted for to Cotton farming from Soviet 5 year plan.

Giant destruction came forward to destroy and dry Aral Sea which now desert. All birds die or leave and disease and pestulence sweep region. All fishing boats now dead in sands of desert.

In Australia I have lived now for many years and in year 2000 I travel to Eyre Sea which I see full of water and birds. It like Aral Sea so much it make me feel young and like back at my beloved Barsakelmes Island.

I return only one month past to see it shrived and dry like dead prune. Such destruction I have not seen since days of vile dictator Stalin.

I want to know who is responsible for such horror that been made so fast. Is this work of Communist plan for cotton growing or from watering for cattle and pasture. Please tell me who I can speak to for help. I am caring only for the birds I saw.

Zeigler Provichkic