birding-aus

Collared Imperial Pigeons in Queensland

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Collared Imperial Pigeons in Queensland
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:47:25 +1100

At 15.40 on Sunday 28 January 2001, Ken Stockton saw 3 Collared Imperial Pigeons on Phantom Island. Phantom Is. is in the Palm Is. group immediately south of Orpheus Island about 22 km off the coast east of Ingham. They were perched in dead branches above a fresh water stream entering a bay at the northern tip of the island. When disturbed they flew off heading north.
        On the assumption that they may return to that spot for a drink, I am planning a twitch.
                I'll keep you informed, Mike Carter.