birding-aus

Re:Flowering Trees

To: <>, "Victoria Quinton" <>
Subject: Re:Flowering Trees
From: "Ralph REID" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:34:56 +1100
Victoria

Try the following books:

Attracting birds to your garden in Australia
DENGATE, John.
New Holland; Frenchs Forest, NSW;2000.
28 cm, 208 pages; illustrated, maps.
ISBN 1864362235; 1864364114 (paperback)

Australian birds and gardens
McCULLOCH, Ellen.
Bird Observers Club of Australia; Nunawading, Vic; 1990.
30 cm, 20 pages; illustrated.
ISBN 090971116X

Birdscaping your garden : how to attract Australian native birds to your
garden
ADAMS, George.
Weldon Publishing; Sydney; 1989.
26 cm, 144 pages; illustrated.
ISBN 0947116931

Garden birds : attracting birds to Australian and New Zealand gardens
FRITH, Clifford; WALKER, Cyril; PARMENTER, Tim.
Doubleday Australia; Lane Cove, NSW; 1986.
25 cm, 160 pages; illustrated, maps.
ISBN 0868242438

A garden of birds : attracting birds to Australian gardens
PIZZEY, Graham.
Collins/Angus and Robertson; North Ryde, NSW; 1991.
25 cm, 314 pages; illustrated.
ISBN 0207162131

I have not personally seen any of the above, so cannot make any
recommendations.

Incidentally, the above titles are extracted from a bibliography section of
a guide I am currently thinking of compiling, tentatively titled Birding
Information Resource Directory.

If anyone needs information on books on which I might have details, please
email direct.

Regards

Ralph Reid
Sydney

That made me think, if we were to designate a special "bird and butterfly"