roadside camping

To: <>, <>
Subject: roadside camping
From: "Robert Read" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:48:40 +0930
In the NT, and I think other states travellers can camp on the road reserve.
In the NT these generally extend 50 m or 100 m from the centre-line of the
road.  If it is really an issue you might need to do some research on the
width of the road reserves locally.

With regard to access on foot this would be trespass.  If you are caught all
the owner can do is ask you to leave by the shortest practical route.

In this region although stations publish trespass notices they are not
generally concerned about access on foot.  The concern is mostly with
vehicles damaging tracks and going off road.

Robert Read

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU